Today my textile adventure buddy, Anna and I experimented with natural dyes. Well Anna had a little hangover from the red wine last night so I had another little helper whilst she rested next to us!
We did plan to plan but ended up winging it. I picked Rosemary and mint from the garden and we also used white onion skins and cut up turmeric root. We wanted to experiment using different mordants which fixes the colours as seen on this very inspiring blog. You can find alum from a chemist but we didn't order it in time and you can use an iron nail. We ended up decided to experiment with no mordant as we were using cooking pots and we're not sure of the safety of eating out of them after using a mordant. We used cotton and wool.
Here are the results, going from a dunk in to an overnight stay! love to hear any feedback, useful tips and general comments!
Thanks for the read. Happy Sunday!